Published on December 10, 2012
If you’re looking for a great stocking-stuffer idea for Mom, may I suggest SAND DOLLAR: A Story of Undying Love.
As I pen this letter, however, I realize that your elves must be working double-overtime, attempting to keep up with the outrageous demand for books at this time of year. And I’m sure the last guy they want to hear from is this obscure author, trying to make a name for himself out in little Rhode Island.
So I propose a compromise: let the elves do what they do best — I don’t want to stand in their way, and I’d hate to be responsible, otherwise. And in return, all I ask for Christmas is that you put in a good word for me with your friends at the traditional publishing houses, that’s all. You know, the nice ones — not the naughty ones. I’m sure if you were to explain the situation to them over a cup of eggnog, they’d realize what a tremendous gift SAND DOLLAR would make to the world. And if you’re not sure what to say, here are ten talking points given to me by Susan Rice (see Naughty list):
1) With over 60 reviews on Amazon, SAND DOLLAR has an average rating of 4.6 stars (out of 5 stars). Click here
2) Some people who have reviewed SAND DOLLAR have even called it the best love story they’ve ever read, Click here
3) with many of them comparing me to Nicholas Sparks. Click here
4) What’s interesting is that people who’ve read SAND DOLLAR, especially those who have lost a loved one, feel that SAND DOLLAR was written just for them, as if the author expressed in words what they have always felt.
5) And what’s consistent throughout the reviews is that the surprise ending was amazing, it was well written, they couldn’t put the book down (because of the numerous twists and turns and reveals), you should keep a box of Kleenex handy (perhaps the book should be packaged with one), the cover is beautiful, and they can’t wait to read another book by the author.
6) In case you don’t already know, SAND DOLLAR is an epic, heart-wrenching love story about “the one who got away”. It’s a romantic fantasy, kind of like THE NOTEBOOK with a SIXTH SENSE twist. Similar to a Nicholas Sparks novel, but uniquely different, SAND DOLLAR is a suspenseful, thought-provoking, and emotional read that, among other things, might have you yelling at the main characters at times. Written by a man, the raw emotion expressed from the man’s point of view has great appeal to its female audience, who perhaps inwardly seeks such a man.
7) Also, an interesting phenomena is that people from around the world are starting to quote me on social media sites. Apparently, some of the words I’ve written have touched them profoundly. Click here
8) In addition, SAND DOLLAR was a finalist in the ForeWord Firsts literary competition. Click here
9) And people are starting to take notice. Click here for an article written about me in a local newspaper, and click here for a Q & A.
10) If all else fails, then look no further than the hearts and souls of those who’ve read SAND DOLLAR, lives forever touched by an unforgettable story of undying love. It’s where you’ll find all the words you’ll need to make the most convincing argument.
- Santa is Making His List – on a Sand Dollar (seashellsbymillhill.com)
December 10, 2012 | Categories: Uncategorized | Tags: author, Books, Dear Santa, fiction, love, romance, sand dollar, Santa's list, Sebastian Cole, Self-publishing, Susan Rice, Traditional Publishers | 3 Comments